[Discuss] Perl OO question

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:35:37AM -0800, Dan Kressin wrote:
> I haven't tried it, but what about this?
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Class-Inspector-1.24/lib/Class/Inspector.pm

Well...  This wouldn't have really worked for me because the
environment in which I need to do this is somewhat tightly
constrained.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

A coworker was able to point out the flaw in my approach: The methods
are contained in the package's namespace (which is itself a hash),
rather than the instance's hash.  So you could get them by doing
something like:

  @methods = keys(%{MyObject::});

As it turns out though, this isn't what I needed either... The
namespace is polluted by members of other imported modules used within
that one, a fact which I have very little control over.  Also while
the calls were all identical in form, the return values were not of
the same type/structure.  So in the end, I had to write
method-specific code to test each one individually, regardless.

I did learn something though!  So all is not lost.  I was also
reminded that I (still) hate Perl.

Thanks again.

-=-=-=-=-