[Discuss] an "Enterprise" Linux for desktop

If I were going to have a '"Enterprise" Linux for desktop' at the office, I'd likely use a Fedora variant to match the RHEL/OEL/CENTOS on the servers. (As a numbers guy, likely Scientific would be my first choice. I can wish.) As long as I have Putty/Perl/Ack I'm happy. (though sometimes Hummingbird X and MKS TK or Cygwin is handy surviving on a corp desktop.)

For home use, I'm rolling out the LXDE based LUBUNTU variant on the most limited laptops first, we'll see how I like that. Have also bookmarked a How-To to replace Unity with traditional shell which should make regular Ubuntu usable. If I got totally alienated, I'd check out Mint and other Debian or Ubuntu derived distros.

Bill aka n1vux
Most definitively not the opinion of the employer implied by return address ...