[Discuss] an "Enterprise" Linux for desktop

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:26:16AM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> For instance, the ability to display the names of apps by the icons
> (turned off by default) wouldn't have any negative effect, other than
> more quickly pointing out how insufficient "trying to shove every app
> onto one launcher and shrinking the icons to make it fit" is.

Android has this, if you install ADW Launcher.

For desktops, I prefer to set up one panel per monitor, with
launch icons for new terminals and the few applications that I'm
likely to use but won't have running all the time. Since it's
easy to pick custom icons for these, I don't care much about
displaying the application name.

-dsr-

You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.