[Discuss] got a new computer coming + dreamhost sucks

Hi Bluers,

I just got the boss to sign off on getting me a new workstation.

https://www.system76.com/desktops/model/wildebeest

Should have my hands on it in a week.  I shall control the universe, or
at least our small business, from this wonderful computer.  It will be
used for development and a couple of vm's.  I'll put xfce on it of
course.  ^.^

I have to say it's so darn nice to just buy a computer with gnu/linux on
it.  This is my first one.  I've done a ton of installs but finally I
don't have to be concerned with little things that don't work.

Just had to tell the group and share my geek ecstasy.

//

Dreamhost sucks.  They host my $work email and 3 websites.  Constant
issues.  Today everything died.  Email, websites, and even dreamhost's
site!  This is the 3rd time in 2 months the email went down.  I'm
thinking of hosting the sites myself (a server from system76 perhaps)
and moving the email to google.  I want to support dreamhost but they're
just not ready for real business.

Anyway, I'm getting a new computer!

- Eric C.