[Discuss] Light Linux Distro for VM usage

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of aldo albanese
>
> I would like to use a light Linux Distro that I can use within Oracle VM
> box. ?My intend is to use it exclusively for browser activities without
worry
> about getting a virus. It should be fast to load and should have all the
built
> in?applications?like Adobe Flash. ?This Distro should work well inside the
VM
> using a 15 Inc. screen laptop. ?I have issues with all the distros that
I'm testing
> fitting the entire screen. ?Right now tested OpenSuse and Fedora.

There is no such thing as a "light" distro, if you want a desktop and a web
browser with flash, etc.  Your probable choices for a user-interface desktop
would be Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint.

You're running the linux machine in the VM guest, right?  Not the host?
Make sure you install VirtualBox Tools (or whatever they're calling it now)
into the guest OS.  Then you shouldn't have any display sizing or
performance problems.