[Discuss] Future of Personal Computers

On Mar 12, 2012, at 10:07 PM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:

> The laptop is dead too, tablets will become the new laptops. Bluetooth
> keyboards and mice, plus a master USB port, will make them more usable
> than laptops. Android will make them price competitive.

I disagree.  Tablets are all about convenience.  They make checking mail or Facebook convenient.  They make watching movies and TV convenient.  They make buying games and content convenient.  Just about everything someone does with a tablet instead of something else he does so out of convenience.  Tablets are convenience appliances, plain and simple.  Things that aren't convenient, like keyboards and mice and batteries/chargers for same, aren't used by the vast majority of tablet users and never will be.

--Rich P.