[Discuss] Boston-area green screen? [OT]

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Ricker, William <William.Ricker at fmr.com>wrote:

> I don't know if pro photo gear rental shops are even open on the weekend

A few years back I remember coming across a video to computer usb device
that was made by Pinnacle and was at Best Buy, it included not only the
convertor but also the Pinnacle Studio editor software and with a green
screen.  I think it was around $100.  Might be a waste if you don't need
the software or hardware, but depending how desperate you are, might be
worth it.

You can also make your own but you need to make sure that the material has
very fine texture and not visible by the camera.  Also when you use one,
make sure you have stretched it so there are no wrinkles and you use a
backlight to make sure the sheet is lit evenly, otherwise the green screen
will have different shades in different areas and won't work right.

Matthew Shields
www.sysadminvalley.com
www.jeeprally.com