[Discuss] Web Maintenance software (for Windows)

On 06/07/2012 07:18 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2012, at 7:37 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>> The only way he is going to do it is through DreamWeaver, period. I
>> always found light colonels to be stubborn.
> Here's the thing: he isn't doing you a favor by managing the site.  You're doing him a favor by hosting it.  Make it clear to him that he must adapt to your security model.  He can do that by using a tool that you provide or he can buy himself a Dreamweaver upgrade.
>
> Or he can find himself a new host.
It is the other way around. Heli-vets is an organization of Viet Nam
helicopter crew members that I cofounded. He is doing us a favor by
volunteering. But, I am not going to compromise security. I know from
experience that the BLU has been hacked before. I have 2 other military
sites on the server, vhfcn.org and vhcma.org. The vhcma.org webmaster is
totally non-technical and has been able to live within our rules. The
vhfcn.org webmaster is a guy with 30 years of IT experience, and he uses
Front Page, but always uses WinSCP. I've asked him to speak to the LTC.
Also, the LTC is from Bristol, VA whith a twin city in Tn. Residents
never know what town they are in. Tn people complain at the Va city hall
and vice-versa. The bottom line is that it is my responsibility to get a
webmaster who has the time and inclination to do the job.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix