[Discuss] web server can't see out but others can see in

Hi All,

I have an odd problem.

I have an unbuntu web sever in virtualbox.  We're sitting behind a
small business cisco router.

I did the following:
1.  I gave the server a static ip in virtualbox and on the router.
2.  Opened port 80 on the cisco device.  Any source and any ip to
static ip.  Firewall is disabled on server.
3.  Enabled One-to-One NAT.  This beast is new to me but nothing
worked until I did it.

My web server is visible from the world and is visible on our lan.
Oddly my server cannot see out.  For example:

eric at webserver1:~$ ping google.com
ping: unknown host google.com

and

eric at webserver1:~$ sudo apt-get update
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com precise InRelease

I suspect I screwed up something with our new router.

All hints welcome!  Thanks,

--
Eric Chadbourne
IT Coordinator