[Discuss] [Position-available] Senior Linux Sysadmin at Smartleaf

Senior Systems Administrator at Smartleaf

We are looking for a systems administration generalist to join the
IT/Ops team. A successful candidate is likely to have 8 or more years of
experience managing Linux and other UNIX systems. It is a full-time,
on-site position with occasional telecommuting and shared on-call
responsibility. Salary is negotiable; benefits include health
insurance, dental, and all the usuals.

Smartleaf is a small, profitable, and privately held company which
helps some of the largest firms in finance manage portfolios for their
clients.  More details can, of course, be found in the obvious place:
http://www.smartleaf.com

This team handles everything that could possibly fall under the
IT/Operations umbrella in a small company.

Our technology stack includes Debian Linux, a systems automation
suite called Tuttle, Oracle, Ruby, Rails, C++, Perl, git, svn.  We use
RequestTracker for ticketing. Routers and firewalls are Cisco, Juniper
and Linux. We're moving off of Cisco and towards Juniper.

You should have experience with installation and configuration
automation. Some knowledge of Debian or RPM packaging systems is
desirable, as is familiarity with at least one configuration management
system such as cfengine, Puppet or Chef.

You must have:

* extensive systems administration experience
* preferably with Debian or Ubuntu and a Red Hat-style Linux
* distribution
* comfortable shell scripting and one or more of Perl, Python,
* Ruby, etc.
* strengths in several areas that complement our other team
* members

You must be:
* clever, competent, and kind.

Please send cover letters and resumes to future at smartleaf.com in plain
text, HTML, OpenOffice or PDF. In your cover letter, please tell us
about an interesting technical problem that you have solved.