[Discuss] KeePassX

Agreed. But, breaking the session key only works for a single message or
a single session. If they want to target a specific individual, breaking
the RSA/DSA keys will give them access to all encrypted messages.
(within the context is that a sent message is encrypted by the
recipient's public key), so to make this bidierctional they need to
break 2 keys, so the job gets more difficult. Breaking the session key
works if they want to look at random messages, but breaking the RSA/DSA
keys woprks better when they have a specific target in mind.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix