[Discuss] Why use Linux?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>wrote:

> John Abreau wrote:
>
>  Freedom only for developers is kind of like a democracy where only
>> wealthy landowners are allowed to vote.
>>

> As if freedom only for users is any better.

Developers are themselves users. Saying that freedom is "only" for users is
the same as saying freedom is restricted "only" to everybody.  The
connotations of the word "only" in that sentence conflict with the fact
that the group includes everybody, and thus using the word "only" in that
sentence is .disingenuous.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6