[Discuss] Does anyone have a Thinkpad T30?

Thanks for reading this.

I just got a Thinkpad T30 from a guy who gave it away on  the
"Freecycle" list.

He got the machine to light up and got to the BIOS, but there's no
battery, and I don't want to tempt fate by running it without one.  The
former owner said something about the RAM, and I gather the T30's had
some problem with the second slot not working, but that's all I could
find out from Google.

I'd like to borrow a battery for a T30, and try to judge if this one is
worth the time to work on: the big question right now is whether the $33
for a new battery and possibly $20 for a charger is worth the risk, and
I'd like some more information before I decide.

If you'd rather, you're welcome to take the machine and charger and
docking station and have a go at it yourself: I got it for free and I'm
OK with paying it forward.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

--