[Discuss] Good and Bad Crypto

Mike Small queried:
>> There may be an economic argument why Open Source, or some
>> parts of it, isn't getting enough attention from enough of the right
>> people. I don't know.

In the past, I used to look at source code a lot more than I do these days.
My main reason was that the stock distros didn't have everything that I wanted
to run, so I had to download and build from source.  And very often, the build
process was broken so I had to fiddle with things to get them to work.

Distros have improved greatly in the past decade, so I hardly ever have to
examine source code for that reason.  And I rarely had much other reason to
look, only in the handful of code projects whose functionality I wanted to
extend.

-rich