[Discuss] raid issues

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Adler
>
> rack mountable system which has both CPU and storage. Should I be
> looking at perhaps getting a 1U rack and then a separate direct attached
> storage system? That could be the 2,3,4U chassis. The only thing is I'm
> not too familiar with them and I'm worried about the reliability of such
> a configuration.

Yes, if you get something like a 1U server with SAS card in it, and redundant power supplies, and you get an external chassis with redundant power, those are quite reliable.

In fact, if you want, you can get multipath and multiple HBA's, and make it *more* reliable than using a fully integrated chassis.