[Discuss] Https - the solution to net neutrality

Bill Bogstad wrote:
> VZ for land lines (and even FIOS) is at least somewhat a regulated
> monopoly. ...you could get the appropriate state regulatory agency
> involved on your side.

My understanding is that once you get rid of your copper phone lines,
the state regulatory agency is out of the picture, and you are under the
jurisdiction of your town's cable franchise agreement, which likely
gives you far fewer options for recourse.

This is part of why Verizon yanks out the copper lines when they install
FIOS. They don't want you going back, or for a third party to come along
and re-activate those lines, which under state telco regulations, they'd
be obligated to accommodate.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro