[Discuss] SysVinit vs. systemd

I just finished upgrading to rhel 7 which is based on systemd and it was
the first time
I really paid attention to it. (With my fedora installs, I've basically
done the most minimal
configuration and having to work with systemd was done only on as
totally need basis.)

At first it seems dumb and complicated, but once you get into the
details of it, it's actually
quite good, in my opinion. It makes it possible to boot your system much
faster by bringing up
services in parallel. In the old SysVinit way, all those shell scripts
were rather complicated and obtuse
and if you wanted to figure out what was happening, you'd need to dig
through them carefully.
The contents of the .service file seems to be a bit more straight
forward to me...

My two cents...