[Discuss] Personal finance software on Linux

Hi Rich (and hello to the rest of BLU),

My partner has talked me into experimenting with gnucash.
Up to now I've been using a couple spreadsheets that were operating as
glorified check registers/stock inventory pages.  I don't actually have
a lot of experience with financial software.  (I compared myself to the
guy who plays four instruments but doesn't read music.)

This week a cow-orker said that he felt gnucash wasn't as capable as
Quicken or Mint, but I don't yet have the experience to dig for details.

At any rate if others are playing with gnucash and want to chat, we can
take the conversation off-list for a while and then report back to this thread
with a summary.

-Bill