[Discuss] CipherShed: TrueCrypt fork

Richard lives in a faraday cage :-)
The reasons I prefer software encryption is that algorithms can be
compromised. A software encryption system can be updated, and re-encrypt
your data. While firmware can also do the same thing it is more
difficult. Additionally you can set the BIOS/frmware password on your
system even though you are using LUKS or some other disk encryption.
Also, consider how valuable your data might be to a thief. If your data
contains many peoples accounts and SSNs, then the data would be
considerably more valuable then let's say a few of your credit card
numbers.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix