[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Cloud-backup solutions for Linux?
- Subject: [Discuss] Cloud-backup solutions for Linux?
- From: jack at coats.org (Jack Coats)
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:14:04 -0500
- In-reply-to: <9375C00B-3C69-49B3-8708-076AAF6DC623@mit.edu>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <9375C00B-3C69-49B3-8708-076AAF6DC623@mit.edu>
On occasion, I have had to delete a crashplan client, and on windows machines reboot, before installing it again, and re-claiming the same crashplan machine name. Before crashplan, I used a script with tar to backup to Amazon using 'normal' backup, full, followed by various versions of reduced versions, but get a full backup monthly. ... based on some of Curtis Prestons scripts from backupcentral.com (free scripts) but I did modify it to use amazon. (No link to Curtis or backupcentral.com other than I used to work with him at a consulting company). http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-backup-all-your-files-to-amazon-s3--cms-21386 http://s3tools.org/s3cmd and a few other similar sites are easily found using google.