[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Encrypt Everything? Good Luck With That
- Subject: [Discuss] Encrypt Everything? Good Luck With That
- From: ingegnue at riseup.net (IngeGNUe)
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 19:46:05 -0400
- In-reply-to: <56FB0E98.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <56F9C8F4.email@example.com> <56FB073D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <56FB0E98.email@example.com>
On 03/29/16 19:24, Rich Pieri wrote: > On 3/29/2016 6:52 PM, IngeGNUe wrote: >> Agreed. LOL I remember watching a YouTube video explaining how to bypass >> the iPhone's passcode. They took Apple to court over the screen lock?! > > No. Apple goaded the FBI into taking them to court for refusing to > assist law enforcement officers. This is a crime. It's a minor one, a > misdemeanor at worst, but it's still a crime. > > Apple made a federal case out of it. Literally. Apple orchestrated the > whole thing in order to polish the Apple brand. It was never about civil > rights. Apple don't care about civil rights. Apple care about doing > something with the $100bn or so of capital they're sitting on. That > something is Apple Pay. They played the FBI and the courts and the EFF > and the ACLU and all the rest of their supporters and the press like a > fiddle in order to build consumer confidence in that system. > Well said!