[Discuss] [Position-available] Embedded Linux software development platform engineer position in Billerica

I'm a software development engineer working at GENBAND, a telecommunications company in Billerica.  We're hiring and I'm looking for good Linux platform people to recommend to my manager for consideration.  I'm not an official company representative, nor am I the hiring manager or a recruiter, but I'll be working with the new hire, so I have an interest in who gets hired.
The ideal candidate should have Linux system-level knowledge and a good mixture of, including Bash, Perl or Python, C, and C++.  Familiarity with building RPMs (rpmbuild) is strongly desired.
My team is the Linux platform team for our Session Border Controller product <https://www.genband.com/products/session-border-controllers/access-interconnect-sbcs>. There are currently two of us with one open requisition. Basically, we manage the Linux infrastructure for the hardware that runs the custom application.  This involves customizing open source packages; merging them with the upstream packages; managing updates and upgrades from upstream; scanning for security vulnerabilities and fixing them; writing scripts to bare-metal install new systems for manufacturing; isolating, debugging, and fixing OS problems; fixing, configuring, or enhancing the kernel; configuring the system; and many other elements of OS management.  Our customers are top-tier telecommunications carriers whose names you'd recognize.
The job description is below.  If interested, send your resume to me, Eric.Ewanco at genband.com.
GENBAND is a global leader of Next Generation Network (NGN) solutions, helping fixed, mobile and cable service providers around the world evolve communications networks through IP innovation. The company offers the industry's most comprehensive, standards-based switching portfolio, with products deployed in over two-thirds of the world's 100 largest service provider networks. Headquartered in Frisco, Texas, GENBAND operates Centers of Excellence globally and serves customers and partners in more than 80 countries.
SUMMARY
We are looking for a software engineer to join our platform development team working on GENBAND's world-class Session Border Controller (SBC) and Advanced Media Software (AMS).  GENBAND's platform group is responsible for the design and maintenance of the Linux operating system, open source application packaging & debug, the software build environment for the SBC developer community within GENBAND and OS related deployment tools for our partners and customers. Security assessment and vulnerability mitigation is central to our cause. As a member of the platform & media group, you will also participate in the development of our next generation cloud product offerings and the distributed SBC product. The candidate must possess strong verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a fast paced team environment. Candidates who are passionate about building and maintaining a platform to support world class VOIP applications are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
*             Contribute to the design and implementation of new platform software based on leading commercial and open source software packages
*             Assist release engineering with kernel build issues and automation
*             Integrate and maintain open source packages for the GENBAND portfolio of products
*             Execute and analyze security scans, plan and deliver security patches
*             Build OS installers for use by manufacturing and the development community
*             Analyze OS panic, stack traces, system logs
*             Develop in common scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python, as well a C in a Linux environment.
QUALIFICATIONS
*             Experience with Linux package management, GIT version control, automated build processes using Jenkins
*             Familiarity with centOS and other Linux distributions
*             An understanding of/experience in contributing to open source projects
*             Specific in depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Linux operating system internals is desirable for this role.
*             Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear and comprehensive specifications
*             4 years of industry experience focused on Linux, open source software, security is desired
*             C/C++/Linux development expertise
*             Knowledge of IP networking protocols, VOIP in particular, is a plus
*             Postgres knowledge is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
*             BS or MS CS/EE