[Discuss] AT&T eliminating copper phone lines

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:58:09 -0400
Daniel Barrett <dbarrett at blazemonger.com> wrote:

> On March 28, 2017, Dan Ritter wrote:
> >Why are they charging you $100/month for [fiber]? They should have
> >an obligation to replace your copper with fiber at the same
> >cost.
>
> Sorry for not being clear -- that's the same cost as the copper. AT&T
> is expensive for a landline. So my option #1 is to keep paying the
> same cost as now. But the only reason I was willing to fork over
> $100/month was because it was copper and stayed up in power outages.
> Now that reason is gone, so it makes sense to switch to a lower-cost
> provider.

Use one month's amount to buy yourself a huge UPS to plug the phone,
and only the phone, into. Boom,  done.

If they charge you $100 for the fiber line, why not switch your
internet and tv over to the phone company to save money?

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb