[Discuss] mysql/mariadb

Dan--

You probably have a [client] section in a my.cnf or .my.cnf file on those other working hosts, which sets defaults for username / password / host / socket. Or you have explicitly done a grant for 'user'@'localhost'. For historic reasons, the % wildcard character does NOT match the string "localhost", that's probably the mystifying part of this.

Sent from my iPhone