[Discuss] kmplayer

i downloaded kmplayer in an attempt to listen to a file sent
by my son of his new bagpipe music.  when i tried to use it
i had odd results:

  moylan 2017[1039] kmplayer pom-test.wma

  KGlobal::locale(): Warning your global KLocale is being
  recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake
  component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related
  functions before your main component was created. You should
  not do that since it most likely will not work "sni-qt/1831"
  WARN  14:28:53.794 void
  StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface
  to SNW_SERVICE kphononplayer -cb :1.915/master_0

  Terminated

the computer locked up and i was only able to recover by
ssh-ing in from another and killing kmplayer.  i don't
understand the warning i received.

any suggestions?

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave