BLU Officers list archive

[BLU/Officers] New BLU guest server "lachesis" at NEDV

On 09/22/2011 10:17 PM, John Abreau wrote:
> Hi, Jerry.
>
> I brought the first of the new machines over to NEDV this evening.
> I was unable to get it working correctly on the BUG network; after
> fighting with it for an hour and a half, I gave up and connected it to
> the BLU switch, and assigned it rosetta's old address.
>
> It seems to be a weird routing issue. When it was on the BUG switch,
> the network settings seemed to be correct, and I could ping several
> of Rick Zach's addresses and the BUG address that vranix uses,
> but I could not ping anything that wasn't on the BUG subnet.
> I verified that the ip address, netmask, and gateway were all set
> correctly.
>
> Can you take a look at it before we start moving the guest websites
> over from vranix? If the information we have about the BUG subnet
> is incorrect, we won't be able to use any of the BUG addresses that
> we have available.

I can't log in to lachesis. Did you copy my home directory. We also have
a PTR issue. I'll update DNS to add a rosetta A record.

The authenticity of host 'lachesis.blu.org (216.235.254.233)' can't be
established.
RSA key fingerprint is 5d:be:aa:88:cb:bf:40:09:be:16:dd:36:81:3b:6a:17.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'lachesis.blu.org,216.235.254.233' (RSA) to
the list of known hosts.
reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for rosetta.blu.org
[216.235.254.233] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
gaf at lachesis.blu.org's password:

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix