BLU Officers list archive

[BLU/Officers] Door prizes

Hi, guys.

I asked Marcy for some books a few days ago, for door prizes and for my
IPv6 project, and they just arrived this morning. She sent three copies of
each of the five titles that I requested, all related to IPv6.

Three of them are extremely thin; I'd almost call them booklets rather than
books:

   * Migrating Applications ti IPv6
   * DNS & BIND on IPv6
   * Planning for IPv6

One of them is a normal-size O'Reilly book:

    * IPv6 Essentials

The last one, apparently I neglected to check the fine print before I
requested it.
Turns out its a Windows 8/Windows Server 2012 book:

    * Understanding IPv6

I'll be hanging on to one of each, so we have two of each for door prizes.
I'm thinking we should use them at a meeting where the topic involves IPv6,
so that leaves out October.

Also, I'm wondering if it makes sense to be giving out a Windows book
as a door prize. Perhaps Ron & Jon would find the Windows book useful?

Another thing I think I brought up last month at the brewery: it could
be useful
for BLU to provide an educational service to help members get up to speed on
IPv6. One possibility would be to incorporate IPv6 training into the
Installfests.
The Efika MX device that Brian DeLacey donated a while back could probably
make a decent IPv6 DHCP/DNS server and router for this purpose.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

PGP KeyID: 32A492D8 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
PGP FP: 7834 AEC2 EFA3 565C A4B6  9BA4 0ACB AD85 32A4 92D8