BLU Officers list archive

[BLU/Officers] Revisiting WordPress, Other Apps

I tried to setup wordpress on lachesis last night. I'm running into some
issues, but once I get it working properly, I'll let you know.

It's set up as virtualhost "wp.blu.org". I don't want to add it to
DNS until it's working, so if you want to try it out, you'll need to
add it to /etc/hosts on the machine you run your web browser on.

At the moment, when I tried registering a test user, i never received
the registration email. Also, when I click on the sample "Hello World"
post or try to add a comment, I get a 404 error.

Once the main blog is functioning properly, I'll then have to figure out
how to make it support multiple blogs. Once that's working, I'll create
a "Desktop SIG" blog.

I can't say how long this will take, as the main driving issues are
figuring out why it doesn't work correctly out of the box the way
I had expected it would.

PGP KeyID: 32A492D8 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
PGP FP: 7834 AEC2 EFA3 565C A4B6  9BA4 0ACB AD85 32A4 92D8