BLU Officers list archive

[BLU/Officers] Built-in video in E51 classrooms

Just heard back from MIT about the in-classroom cameras. Seems we can use
them
to stream our meetings, but there are no provisions for recording the
stream. Also,
we get no technical support, so we have to figure out for ourselves how to
use the
equipment.

If we can receive and play a live stream on a laptop, then in principal it
should
be possible to also record that stream on the laptop for later playback,
right?

This also means the built-in facilities cannot record a VGA stream from the
document camera or the presenter's laptop. At the January meeting I used
the old Kodak camcorder to record the screen that the document camera
displayed on, but the results suck badly. Recording directly from the
camera's
VGA output would yield much better results.

I'm currently testing iMovie's picture-in-picture functionality with the
recording
of our January meeting. I'm inserting still images of the slides first, and
once
that's completed I'll try the same with what the Kodak recorded.