IRQ

Brad Noyes wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 BN> I have a situation with IRQs. On a red hat 5.1 system I have
 BN> an  ethernet card that linux assigns to IRQ 11. I can see
 BN> that in the boot  messages. In /proc/interrupts there is no
 BN> listing for IRQ 11, and  there is no listing got eth0.

This is probably just a badly written driver.  Technically, each driver is
supposed to register an IRQ after it decides that it wants to use it, but this
only stops other drivers from registering the same IRQ.  If a driver fails to
do this, then the driver will still likely work as long as no other driver
happens to conflict with it, but it will not show up in /proc/interrupts.

If your system is working, then don't worry about it.  If it bugs you, learn
enough C and fix it in the driver source. :)

 BN> When i look at that file it also says  there is a math problem
 BN> at IRQ 13. Any sugestions on how fix this???

IRQ 13 is hardwired for the math coprocessor.  Don't worry about it.

-- Mike

***