Where do I get linux?

In a previous episode John Abreau said...

:: > was downloadable for free once.  Is that still true?  Where do I go to get
:: > the freeware?  And the documentation!
:: >
::
:: Yes, you can still download it for free. A full distribution is fairly
:: large; it's a lot more convenient to get it on cdrom.

I concur that it's very nice to have a cd around, but if you've got
bandwidth available folks shouldn't be intimidated by network
installs; they're very slick.

I've always thought it was very cool that I could go from having
absolutely no Linux media at all to a fully installed Red Hat box (for
example) in 90 minutes on a cable modem. It sure lowers the barriers
to entry for the impatient amongst us!

-P