Subject: minicom...
Author:  pfarrar at learningco.com at InterNet
Date:    6/25/99 9:19 AM

     Hi

     My file system is falling apart due, I believe, to hard drive issues.
     So I ran e2fsck and made my system (to my surprize) even more unhappy.

     It still runs, but it's frozen a few times recently, which causes a
     hard reboot... very bad for the file system.

     Here's the thing.  My modem was working great with minicom.  Now, when
     I start minicom theres nothing happening.  The minicom screen comes up
     and I can TRY to dial out, but the modem wont connect.  The cursor
     kinda just sits there and does nothing.  No connection.  I can't even
     type in ATDT or any basic 'are you there Mr. modem?' stuff.

     I've been looking for lock files or some such thing that might have
     been left behind after a freeze up, but I can't find anything.  The
     only lock files I find are while minicom is running.  Is there
     something else going on here?  Has any one had this kind of problem?
     I'd search the news groups, but I CAN'T get to them with out my modem.

     This really stinks!

     help...
     Peter

     (PS I've never gotten seyon or any other communications software
     running)
-