Xterm and .Xresources

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 02:52:05PM -0400, Jerry A Clabaugh wrote:

> I've got my window manager (fvwm2) set up to put an xterm
> up when I start X windows.  I'd like to have it come up
> with 'Large' VT font, which I was able to do by putting this
> .Xresources file in my home directory:
>
> xterm*font: -misc-fixed-medium-*-*-*-15-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
> xterm*geometry: 70x28
>
> The problem now is that the xterm pop-up menus don't work
> anymore! (The ones you get when you push a mouse button over
> an xterm with ctrl held down).  Anyone know what I need
> to do?

Here's what I do, and have been doing for a while:

XTerm*geometry: 80x30+60+45
XTerm*backarrowKey: false
XTerm*font: 9x15B
XTerm*Background: rgb:5/5/5
XTerm*Foreground: rgb:9/f/9
XTerm*mainMenu*geometry: -0-0
XTerm*vtMenu*geometry: -0-0
XTerm*fontMenu*geometry: -0-0
XTerm*tekMenu*geometry: -0-0

Note that I'm effectively setting the particular pop-up-meny geometries back
to their defaults. When you set XTerm*geometry, you end up changing the menu
geometries as well, so you need to explicitly reset them.

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason at acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.

-