LDD at Softpro

Hi All -

   Had an excellent meeting with Rick and Bob, the proprietors of
Softpro Books yesterday.  We're all set for Monday.  I'll be popping
in there before opening to get a couple of systems on the air.  And
get ready.  I'll probably have Jeremy and Ted with me at opening time.
Blake Parker and Bill Okerman will be hopping in at/after lunch time.
C'mon down.

   Does anybody have access to one of those amazing 2400dpi color
flatbed printers so that we can make a banner?  Anybody with gnarly
GIMP skills want do some banner artwork that I can run off commercially
on Friday?

   I tried to book the Borders in Braintree but they book months in
advance and already had three events cooking.

   Is there any interest in doing a repeat engagement at Softpro on
Saturday, Sept. 18?  We're welcome to set up.  Rick says we're likely
to hit a more "mass-market" crowd if set up on Saturday.  I can drop
in a couple of workstations and whatever presentation material that
gets worked up for Monday, but I'm not likely to be able to spend the
whole day there.

   Has anyone been by the PO BOX lately?  There should be an envelope
of stuff from Linuxcare that's particularly sweet.

   As for Softpro in general - they're really psyched that we thought
about them.  We've been offered the opportunity to help them draw
people into the Marlboro store when they hold their grand opening in
October.  I figure the Worcester LUG might want in on that.  Softpro's
also interested in offering the space in the back of the stores for
meetings and talks...

ccb

---
Charles C. Bennett, Jr.				VA Linux Systems
Systems Engineer,				1382 Bordeaux Dr.
US Northeast Region				Sunnyvale, CA 94089
+1 617 543-6513					+1 888-LINUX-4U
ccb at valinux.com					www.valinux.com

		   "We put the Oh! in .org"
-