Apache Virtual Server Configuration

I spent about 5 hours hacking my linux box today, and I'm now at the point
where I find no errors from the server log (with debug level logging on) or
from the system message log.  But still, I'm getting the 403 Fobidden error
message when I try to access either the main server or the virtual host,
except for one entry - that I do not understand what it is --in the server
error log.  The entry is:

"Created shared memory segment #0"

the new VirtualHost block looks similiar to the one Mr Brian Conway has
below.
If I remove the DocumentRoot definition from the VirtualHost block.  I can
access the main server with no errors; without doubt, if I access the
virtual host, I would see the content of the main server.

Anyone has any ideas what the DocumentRoot definition in the virtual host
block has to do with this 403 Forbidden error?  The access right is to the
directory specified by the DocumentRoot is correctly setup.  I have even
tried pointed to the same directory of the main server, but nothing changes.

I have read the Virtual Host documentation & examples several times.  In
fact, this is not my first attempt to run virtual host, but this my first
attempt to run virtual host on RH linux.  I attemped to port httpd.conf
from my SunOS virtual server with virtual hosts (with modifications) to my
linux box, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any other thoughts/pin points?

Huy Le

-