Plea for help: The detriment of using Microsoft products

I didn't miss your point.  Lead Assessors do the assessment and pass
to SEI.  the "certification" is like my CPR certification - I'm not,
I have a card saying I've taken the class and passed the test.
Difference?  Practically, none.  Legally, considerable, as the AHA
can't be held liable if I do CPR wrong. Check the www.sei.cmu.edu site
for documents including reviews of assessed sites, and comparisons of
high-maturity sites. Yes, the orgs are "honor system" listed, but that
doesn't mean they don't go through a rigorous assessment.

jeff

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Mike Bilow wrote:

> Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:20:35 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Mike Bilow <mikebw at colossus.bilow.com>
> To: Jeffry Smith <smith at missioncriticallinux.com>
> Cc: Kevin D. Clark <kclark at cabletron.com>, GNHLUG <gnhlug at zk3.dec.com>,
     BLU Users' Group <discuss at Blu.Org>
> Subject: Re: Plea for help: The detriment of using Microsoft products
>
> I think you missed my point.  That web page states explicitly:
>
>    Please be aware of the following issues regarding this list.
>      * The SEI does not certify companies at maturity levels.
>      * The SEI does not confirm the accuracy of the maturity levels
>        reported by the Lead Assessors or organizations.
>
> In other words, that web page lists organizations on the honor system.
>
> -- Mike
>

> On 2000-05-16 at 18:13 -0400, Jeffry Smith wrote:
>
> > For a list as of 4 May 2000, see:
> > http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmm/high-maturity/HighMatOrgs.html
> > SEI, despite founding and support from DoD, is not DoD unique.

Jeffry Smith      Technical Sales Consultant     Mission Critical Linux
smith at missioncriticallinux.com phone:978.446.9166,x271 fax:978.446.9470