bash scripting

I like this trick!  I'm still very much a beginner in scripting.  I've read
the O'Reilly Korn Shell book, the Kochan and Wood, and pored through Sed &
Awk.
How does one find/learn these nice ways?  I'm sure the answer will be "over
time"....

Also, is it worth a SA's while to keep on in the KSH scripting, or just jump
straight to PERL?

Thanks in advance,
Emmanuel