From: owner-discuss at blu.org [mailto:owner-discuss at blu.org]On Behalf Of
Sheldon Dubrowin
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 9:15 AM
To: Phil Buckley
Cc: discuss at blu.org
Subject: Re: Can't access remote machine anymore

Maybe SSHD stopped running.  I was at SANS last week and they recomended
running an SSHD on the "regular" port, port 22, but also putting SSHD in
inetd.conf on some other port in case the "regular" SSHD fails, inetd.conf
will start one up for you.  It is not usually run from inetd because it can
take a few seconds to start the daemon and that is usually unacceptable, but
in this type of emergency type case, where you would have to drive to the
machine, it is better than nothing.  ;-)  Hope this helps you Phil.

	Shel

-