Please help with RedHat 6.2 startup script

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your init script for ipchains
based on the segment you included.

Suggestions:

Make sure you have the following line at the top of your script "chkconfig:
2345 08 92" or something similar.  2345 indicates your init levels and 08 is
for starting the script and 92 for killing.  To check your run levels and
see if your script is added to chkconfig, do a "chkconfig --list|grep
ipchains"  This will give you a listing of the startup script with its
associated init levels.  I get:
ipchains        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
If you don't find an entry for ipchains or if the particular level you boot
in has been turned off (check your /etc/inittab to find out what boot level
you are in).  then just add it to chkconfig "chkconfig --add ipchains".
Hope this helps.

                                            -Greg