domain registrar(s)

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 08:20:46PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:

> > Like a sheep, when I originally registered my domain, I chose to do
> > business with NetworkSolutions - now Verisign.
> >
> > I've been intending to change to another registrar, but I've basically
> > been too lazy.  Lately however, I've been getting abused by spam from
> > Verisign.  Stupid, because now I'm motivited to drop them ASAP.
> >
> > Any advice on alternate registrars?  I don't want to jump out of the
> > frying pan and into the fire.
>
> I've been very pleased with register.com.  I signed on almost a year ago
> with a cheap special offer, but the website is very powerful and I've
> never gotten spam from them (other than emails about renewal time coming
> up).

I'll second this.  I moved my own domain over to these folks and have
had the same experience.

The only minor problem I had was that when I switched over, they
automatically had the existing DNS servers imported, but they didn't
show up in the web interface.  A quick email to tech support and it
was fixed within 2 days.

--
Give a man a match, and you keep him warm for an evening.
Light him on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com