Samba revisited

Just thought I would follow up on a stale post of mine in the event that someone has
a similar experience.

I am not sure what the problem was, but to solve it I had to eliminate user names
with leading Caps on the Linux box. The smbpasswd authentication would not allow
access to user shares if  the user share on the Linux box had Caps in the name. This
was true for access from the MS98 box and when useing the smbclient utility. This
problem did not occur from the NT box, and prior to upgrading to RH7.2 and Samba
2.2, the problem did not exist.