Voice Chat on GNU/Linux

I am buying a new m/c which comes loaded with Windows XP. While in a perfect
universe, I would remove XP and use the entire hard drive for GNU/Linux, but I am
married.....anyway to cut a long story short, my wife swears by windows because it allows
her to use MSN Messenger or Yahoo IM to voice chat with her friends/family. I have 2
questions :

1. Does the list know any similar application for GNU/Linux which will allow her to use
voice chat with her list on Yahoo IM or MSN Messenger. Our old m/c had Yahoo IM but
the Linux version does not allow voice chat, only text.
2. If such a piece of software exists, and therefore allows me to remove XP from my
machine can I get a refund from Microsoft?

Thanks,
Krishnan

Krishnan Viswanathan
7-13 Mortimer Place