attbi port blockage

WRT: ATT Techs. AT&T and medione techs were zeros from the day I first got my service 6
years ago (when it was Highway1).
The other day I bought a new cable modem to replace my rental one (about time). The tech I
spoke to was unable to provision it properly, so he transferred me to another tech group. he lady I
spoke to was very knowledgable. The problem was that the first tech did not know that he needed
the MAC address from my NIC. (Over the years, I added a NAT firewall which I spoofed to my
10Mbps NIC. Then I upgraded the NIC to 10/100. Since it was behind the NAT firewall, AT&T
didn't care. But, I like to have the MAC address of one of my PCs and the firewall the same, so if I
talk to the techs, I can eliminate the finger pointing and have a simple single Windoz PC
connection. The lady simply reprovisioned my account with the right MAC address and that
corrected the problem.