wu-ftp configuration.

I have not configured ftp in a while, but IMHO, it is not a very good practice to use ftp, especially
for configuring anything.
You might be better off giving that user an entry in the sudoers file, and restricting him to the
commands he needs. Then let him use ssh to log in. FTP passes all of its passwords in the clear.
Also, there are a lot of secutrity problems with wu-ftp. I would suggest proftp as a better solution,
but I would not allow ftp on my systems except for anonymous, and then keep all the users in a
chroot jail.
On 13 Mar 2002 at 20:56, VionY wrote:

> Hi ftp gurus,
>
>              I need to configure, wu-ftp with the usage of ftpadmin group for downloading the files uploaded by normal users.
>
> I have a user tibexadm, who has been added to the ftpadmin group, who needs access to the /export/ftp/incoming directory, which is where, all the files get uploaded.  I want to give him read only rights, so that, he can just make copies of the uploaded files in the  "incoming" directory,
without giving him any other rights.