ugly email

kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com (Kevin D. Clark) writes:
> mod+gnhlug at std.com (Michael O'Donnell) writes:
>
>> IS THERE AN FAQ FOR THIS BOARD?  HOW DO I GET RID OF ALLLL THOSE EXTRA LINES?
>
> I wonder how much email I'd miss if I wrote a procmail script that
> sent ugly-to-look-at email (including "top-quoted" email, email that
> exceeded a quoted-content to new-content ratio, etc.) to /dev/null?

If you're going to trouble yourself to write something, why not just write
something that strips the quoted stuff in such cases?  Then you get the
content and not the noise.  What would be really nice is a mail reader that
understood the quoting and collapsed it, so it's not visible unless I
clicked on it.  (Maybe MS stuff does this?  Is that why people from the
windows world don't mind it?)

  jj