Overqualified?!?!

Duane Morin wrote:
 > If I was *still* loading up on H1B's rather than paying competitive
 > salaries to out of work American talent, then sure, you might have a
 > point.  But do you expect me to just get rid of these excellent guys
 > I already have?  What exactly did they do *wrong* other than being
 > from another country?

No kidding. I've always wondered if a lot of H1Bs were from say Canada
instead of say China or India would the debate be so us-vs-them? It's
called a free market. You have a group of people who are willing to
bring more to the table for less. I guess this would make them attractive.

Technology is not an area that lends itself well to picking clods off
the street. Some people make it sound like the equivalent to smuggling
fruit pickers. Many H1Bs are coming from demanding educational and work
environments. It's the same for engineering, biotech, etc. If somebody
thinks the only thing they bring to the table is a low wage, they are in
for an even harsher reality check in the coming years.

Unionizing in response to this is just putting one's head in the sand.
You use non-market forces (basically public collusion) to fight a free
market battle. Guess who will win in the long term?

Steve