Fwd: New page on RHIL server

Subject: New page on RHIL server
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:30:58 -0500
From: Bob McClure Jr <robertmcclure at earthlink.net>
To: Red Hat Install <redhat-install-list at redhat.com>

I made good on my threat and built a web page that allows the user to
find the RPM containing the file required by some other RPM.  How
often have you wanted to install some new RPM, but it complained that
it needed libfoo.so.3, and then you were mystified as to what RPM
contained that library?

Well, the answer is now contained here:

http://www.rhil.net/cgi-bin/whats_where.cgi

You select the RH version and input the (fragmentary) name of some
file, and this will tell you the name of the RPM that contains it.

One note of interest: the data files were derived from my subscription
to KRUD

http://www.tummy.com/krud/

which is a superset of the Red Hat distro.  That means that

- it might bring up an RPM that is not in the standard RH distro

- I don't have data for RH 9 yet, because that KRUD edition won't be
  out until next month.

Let me know if there are any bugs <gasp> or suggested improvements.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
"I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you."  Scary.
"I'm from the U.N. and I'm here to help you."  Very scary.

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com