Subject: (software jobs) Linux Load testing Expert / QA engineer  (Cambridge)
Date: 4 Aug 2003 22:45:54 -0000
From: job-14447828 at craigslist.org
To: david at thekramers.net

 Poster used an @clickspring.net address Looking for a challenge? We are
seeking an expert in Linux server
 administration and optimization to perform load testing on several web
 applications implemented as PHP scripts with a MySQL backend. We'll need you
 to create a flexible and robust system (or to adapt existing open source
 load testing tools and packages) to load test and quantitatively analyze the
 performance of our PHP/MySQL applications under high load situations (i.e.
 very large databases, many concurrent requests) and to simulate many
 simultaneous users while validating the responses as they are generated.

 Once measured, we'll need you to help isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve
 bottlenecks as they are discovered (potentially including optimizing SQL
 queries, profiling and debugging PHP scripts, tuning server configuration
 parameters, rebuilding Apache and/or MySQL, etc.)

 - Strong load testing skills & experience required
 - Development experience with PHP/MySQL required
 - Expert familiarity with Linux OS & tools
 - Experience administrating & optimizing Apache, PHP, MySQL (recompiling,
 tuning configuration files, etc.)
 - Expert troubleshooting skills for all of the above
 - Expert use of CVS source revision control
 - Load testing experience in a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP environment required
 - Demonstrated development/testing experience with high traffic sites (on
 the order of millions of requests/day and 100s of concurrent users) strongly
 preferred
 - Experience with open-source load testing tools (OpenSTA) and methods
 strongly preferred
 - Experience with Linux clustering/Linux-HA/Linux Virtual Server a big plus
 - Strong regression/statistical analysis skills a plus
 - Must be able to identify & troubleshoot bottlenecks and provide detailed
 technical analysis
 - Must be able to learn quickly, work efficiently and solve problems
 independently
 - Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking capabilities

 This is a contract job.
 Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
 Please, no phone calls about this job!
 Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial
interests.
 Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
 this is in or around Cambridge

This posting can be found at:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sof/14447828.html

To be removed from this mailing list please visit:

http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/emailSubscriber.cgi

Copyright )B? 2003 craigslist

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D
DK KD  Pretense and adversity are inversely proportional;
DDDD   Adversity reveals the true nature of all things.