Discuss digest, Vol 1 #1015 - 3 msgs

Well,

You could read the post-halloween document.

http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt

A google search of "upgrading to linux 2.6" turns up several mini-howto's which probably cover this as well.

There is a decent doc on kerneltrap.org too..

http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/799

If you search for 'upgrade DISTRONAME to 2.6' you can find many different docs, or mailing list posts..

The Changes file is still the best thing, if you already know how to compile a kernel, i suggest reading that.

-miah