Wipro's Azim Premji - 'The man who wants to take your jobs'

My strong advice to American programmers:

1.  VOTE IN THE ELECTION.  Be very carefuly who you vote for in the
upcoming presidential election including any and all congressmen.  It is
quite clear that if Colin Powell goes to India to assure them work while
US citizens go unemployed, he's not your friend even if you are
Republican.  There are other Republicans that are on your side.
Politics should work for you and never against you.  Don't buy into
propaganda and lies.  Support politicians that support you.

2.  VOTE EVERYTIME YOU BUY.  If Dell is using foreign workers, they
don't need your money.  If Fleet is dumping their IT staff to
outsourcing, put your money elsewhere.  Research the companies that you
and family does business with. Invest in companies that invest in you.

3.  BE PERSISTENT AND VOCAL.  Tell your friends and colleagues about the
issue of outsourcing.  Make it known that certain companies outsource
and praise those companies that invest in your country.

In 90's we were spoiled.  As a result, we are now the fatted calf.  If
you want to be the slaughtered calf, leave things alone.  You know how
they say you have to pick your battles:  PICKED!